Truck Window Decals to Advertise Your Business
Advertising is an essential part of running any successful business. It’s a company’s chance to showcase to the world who they are and what they’re all about. Without proper advertising a company will be limited in the number of people it can reach and, even more importantly, it will be limited as to the amount of profit that can be made.
There are many methods of advertising used by businesses today including TV, radio, social media, and email campaigns and, of course, some are more successful than others. While many advertising methods can be quite costly, others such as custom window decals are pretty cost effective.
Benefits of advertising on truck windows
Truck windows are a great place to advertise your business for many reasons. Here are a few:
- Cost effective: In comparison, vehicle ads are much cheaper than most other forms of advertising, including newspapers, radio, and outdoor signage.
- Open to a wide range of audience: There are a lot of people on the roads today, meaning there’s a lot of traffic too. Sitting in traffic is no fun, but it’s something that all of us drivers spend a great deal of time doing. So, as a business owner, why not make use of it by advertising on your truck windows. In statistics supplied by the Outdoor Advertising Association of America, more than 50,000 people per day can be reached using this method. That’s more daily views than radio, direct mail, or billboards get.
- Eye-catching: Not only do custom window decals become noticeable in traffic, they also catch people’s eyes as they go past or are parked up.
- Tax write off: It may be just a small amount, but every little helps when it comes to reducing the amount of tax you need to pay. And while you can’t write off the tax on the whole value of the car, you can write off the cost of the advertisement of custom vinyl window decals.
So, why decals?
There are many different reasons as to why you should use custom vinyl window decals to advertise on your truck window. Here are a few of them:
- Easy to apply/remove: Both applying and removing decals is not a difficult process and there are plenty of online guides that will help you.
- Long-lasting: Depending on the material the decal is made from will depend on how long it’s likely to last. Many vinyl decals last for years if looked after. So, as long as you aren’t constantly parking your truck in the hot sun or continually washing it with harsh cleaning chemicals it’ll probably outlive the length of time you’ll have the truck.
- Extra privacy: While it’s probably not the first thing you think of when considering decals for your truck window, it’s still a benefit nonetheless. Having decals on your truck window will automatically provide you with extra privacy.
- Effective: Because truck window decals are played across your vehicle, it’s hard not to notice it. And rather than waiting for people to stumble across your advertisement by chance, you’re literally taking it straight to them in the form of custom decals.
- Inexpensive form of advertising: Your return on investment is far higher with decals than any other form of advertising. This is because custom decals are so inexpensive comparatively. They’re also a very effective form of advertising, especially if you have to travel daily in your work.
How to apply truck window decals
Once you’ve decided on the right custom stickers or vinyl lettering to advertise your business it’s time to apply it. Applying truck window decals isn’t particularly hard it just takes a good eye and a little patience. Of course, you could always pay a professional to fit your decals for you if you’re really not feeling confident. Hopefully, after reading the following quick guide, however, you’ll feel much comfortable about the process and be willing to give it a go.
- Clean the window with warm soapy water. Be sure to rinse thoroughly as any soapy residue left over may affect the stickiness of the decal.
- Position the decal. Temporarily secure the decal into position using a small amount of masking tape along the top edge of the decal.
- Remove the backing. Once you’re happy with the positioning of the decal gently remove the backing material, squeegeeing the film against the window as you do. To remove any bubbles that may have formed in the process gently lift the backing material and reapply.
- Trim the edges with a razor blade if necessary.
Extra notes on the applications of truck window decals:
- Avoid stretching the decal as this will cause it to lift after being applied to the window.
- Never apply truck window decals in areas where they could obstruct the driver’s view.
- Always apply window decals dry to avoid distorted views out of the window.
How to remove truck window decals
If you feel like you need a change, or are getting ready to sell your truck, you may need to remove your window decals. This is not a hard process and can be done in just a few simple steps:
- Heat it up. Because truck window decals are designed to be durable and long-lasting, they can sometimes be a little stubborn when trying to remove. So, rather than just try and peel off the decal it’s best to heat it first. Using a hairdryer/heat gun on a medium/high setting, hold it over the window decal until the edges begin to curl.
- Scrape it off. Once you’ve heated up the decal if you’re lucky it may just peel straight off. If not, you will need to use a scraper of some kind to get between the decal and the glass. A razor blade works best, but can also damage the glass, so unless you have super steady hands you may want to find a plastic scraper/credit card instead to do the job. Once you’ve slid your chosen utensil under the decal, gently scrape away until it’s all gone.
If you want a cheap but really effective way to get your name out there and attract more new customers, you really can’t go wrong with truck window decals. So, now you know what truck window decals are all about and why they’re so effective as a form of advertising, all that’s left for you to do is go and get some!