Vinyl Letters And Stickers For Retail
Vinyl Letter Stickers for Retail Window Displays
Marketing is an essential part of running any successful retail business. Without proper marketing how will anyone ever know what you’re all about? Imagine trying to run a company without any signs? It wouldn’t work. A lot of the time, when people think of marketing, they automatically assume that’s it’s going to be costly, but that doesn’t have to be the case at all. There are plenty of ways to help showcase your retail business that won’t cost a fortune, and one of those ways is through adhesive vinyl window decals and vinyl lettering display on your retail window.
DIY or professionally printed vinyl window lettering
Adhesive vinyl stickers are a great way to make your retail window display stand out. They come in all kinds of shapes and sizes including vinyl decals and custom vinyl lettering—you can be sure there will be something to suit everyone’s taste. Apart from the actual design of the display itself, the only thing you really need to decide on when it comes to vinyl letter sticker window displays is whether you’re going to go at it alone DIY style or whether you’re going to hire in the professionals. There are pros and cons to each, so what you decide will be based largely on personal choice.
Choosing to use individual DIY vinyl letter stickers for retail window allows you more freedom to play around with how you want the lettering to be displayed, whereas a pre-printed vinyl letter sticker has already been made and often the whole name will consist of one sticker. If you don’t like the way it looks all together, you’re in trouble. Individual DIY vinyl stickers will also cost you less in the long run when designing a retail window display. However, you will, of course, spend more time trying to get it just right with a DIY kit, and if you’ve not got a steady hand or keen eye, it may not look quite as professional either.
Why choose vinyl letter stickers for retail window displays?
There are many reasons as to why vinyl letter stickers are an excellent choice to be used for a retail window display. Here are just a few:
- Affordable: Shop window stickers including clear window decals, custom vinyl letting, and other vinyl graphics are a relatively inexpensive way to brighten up your retail window display and let people know what you’re all about.
- Durable: Most vinyl stickers are weather-resistant, meaning they’re pretty tough and will last quite some time.
- Choice of finishes: There are so many options when it comes to vinyl window lettering and custom decals and one of those is the finish they come in. Usually, you’ll have a choice of three: gloss, semi-gloss, and matt. Choose gloss if you want your stickers to be shinier, matt if you want them to look more silky smooth, and semi-gloss for something in-between.
- Environmentally-friendly: Cut vinyl doesn’t release volatile organized compounds (VOC) into the atmosphere like certain types of paint.
- Leaves no sticky residue upon removal: If you do need to remove your vinyl stickers for whatever reason just peel them off. For any vinyl that is proving difficult to remove simply warm it up with using a hairdryer on a medium setting. This will heat the adhesive underneath making it easier to peel away.
- Easily replaceable: One of the best things about individual vinyl letter stickers is that if you do happen to damage one it can be easily replaced without having to re-do the whole display.
- Versatile: While vinyl letter stickers aren’t exactly reusable, they can be used in a number of different ways and the perfect choice for a retail window display. The only real limit is your creativity.
- Easy to apply: You don’t need to be a genius to apply your vinyl letter stickers. As long as you prepare and take your time, you’ll have your window display in place in no time at all.
How to apply vinyl letter stickers
As mentioned above, applying vinyl letter stickers to a retail window is not particularly difficult as long as you’re prepared and have some idea as to what you’re doing. The following is a short guide that will help you do just that:
- Clean your window: There’s no point in trying to apply your vinyl lettering to a dirty window as a) it won’t stick properly and b) it won’t look very nice. So, clean the surface with a damp cloth before you begin. Avoid using any window cleaner or other solvent as it may affect the stickiness of the vinyl.
- Get it into position: The next thing you need to do is to get your vinyl sticker(s) into position. Once you’re happy with how they look fixed in place with a piece of masking tape along the top edge of the sticker.
- Spray the surface: Spraying the window lightly with soapy water will allow some leeway while applying.
- Peel away the backing: Gently lift up the sign, allowing the masking tape to keep it in position. Then slowly peel off the backing sheet.
- Lower the letters: This is the part where you hold your breath (just kidding). This is actually where the soapy water helps you out. Gently lower the letters onto the window, using the squeegeeing as you go, to get rid of any excess water from behind the vinyl.
- Peel away the face paper: Finally, it’s time to reveal your masterpiece. Slowly peel away the face paper. If any letters remain stuck to the backing, simply re-squeegee it and allow it to dry for a while longer.
And that’s it! That is literally all there is to applying your own vinyl letter stickers. Vinyl stickers can brighten up any retail window display. They’re cheap and easy to apply and it’s great fun designing your own retail window display. Not only will you get to admire your own handiwork all day long, but you’ll get to show it off to your customers too. It’s a win-win all around!