Church Sign Sayings and Quotes
Churches all across America have learned to take advantage of the power of a clever, eye-catching sign. Playing off the ever growing popularity of social media and memes, churches are also harnessing the power of humor to draw attention, stay relevant, and attract new worshippers to visit on Sundays and join their congregations. Just as a retail business’s storefront sign draws new customers in to shop and browse, a church’s sign is one of its and most effective and best tools to bring people to the door.
These church sign sayings run the gamut from socially relevant to inspirational to some that are simply good for a chuckle. However, these messages are in fact a powerful extension of the church’s community outreach and ministry. A church’s street-facing sign is one of its most effective ways to share its mission and a compelling message to a wide variety of people, beyond the ones who attend services regularly. Just as a Mexican restaurant entices new customers with its promise of a “Taco Tuesday that will make you feel like it is Friday,” houses of worship can attract new visitors by highlighting a sense of humor or making powerful statements about current and local events. These clever signs, typically changed on a weekly basis, can increase a growing community interest in a church. They are the “memes” of the church world and often become popular on social media as well.
There are numerous internet resources available for church staff to use to find new quotes for a sign, or a particularly witty staff member might come up with some great unique material as well. The sky is the limit in terms of drawing inspiration for church signs! Here are some popular one liner examples of funny, clever, witty, and inspirational quotes used on church signs throughout the country.
- Church shopping? We’re open on Sundays.
- This church is prayer-conditioned.
- Why pay for GPS? Jesus gives directions for free.
- Need a lifeguard? Ours walks on water!
- Honk if you love Jesus. Text while driving if you want to meet him.
- G.I.F. – Thank God I’m Forgiven!
- God expects spiritual fruit, not religious nuts!
- Autumn leaves. Jesus doesn’t.
- The 10 Commandments are not multiple choice!
- Jesus has a great “prophet-sharing” plan!
- Do you keep your Bible as close as your cell phone?
- “I’m also making a list and checking it twice” – God
- Forbidden fruits create many jams.
- Don’t give up! Moses was once a basket-case too!
- Seven days without Prayer makes one WEAK!
- U.S.H. = Pray Until Something Happens!
- God answers all knee mail.
- Can’t sleep? Don’t count sheep – talk to the shepherd!
- Faith is the postage stamp on our prayers.
- Shock your Mom… go to church today!
- We are not Dairy Queen… but we have Great Sundays!
- Prevent truth decay. Brush up on your Bible
- Too cold to change sign! Message inside.
- Get off of Facebook and into my book. –God
- iPod? iPad? Try iPray.
- God’s last name isn’t “Damn!”
- Free Coffee and Everlasting Life. Yes, membership has its privileges.
- God saw you do that.
- Let’s meet Sunday at my house before the game. –God
- Without the Bread of Life, you’re toast.
- Does life stink? We have a pew for you!
- There are some questions that can’t be answered by Google.
- What happens in Vegas is forgiven here!
- We are still open between Christmas and Easter.
- Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to church.
- Easter comes once a year. How often do you?
- The donkey and the elephant are fighting. Look to the Lamb for answers.
- Jesus said “I’ll be back” way before Arnold did.
- We accept Pray-Pal.
- Fifty Shades of Grace.
- Under the same management for over 2,000 years.
While changing the sign sayings weekly, a church should aim to alternate between humorous quotes and those that touch on more serious events and issues as well. Thought-provoking statements, such as “What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?” will certainly prompt passersby to give the question some thought and consideration. Messages of support and encouragement (for example: a rallying cheer for the local high school baseball team on its way to a state championship game) will be appreciated and remembered by community members as well. And of course the signs showing levity are the ones that are likely to be remembered the most and quoted most often by local residents. Churches with active Facebook pages or other social media platforms could share images of the sign sayings weekly on their own pages, to further extend the reach of the church sign ministry. Images shared on social media have the potential to reach residents in other parts of the community, who do not pass by the church in their daily lives. Perhaps one shared image would draw someone to browse the church’s Facebook page and learn more about its mission and activities, bringing them to its “virtual door” and eventually perhaps the literal one!
American Sign Letters can provide the high-quality flexible changeable letters for your church sign. We offer a wide range of changeable sign board lettering and numbers which work perfectly for outdoor church signage. Flexible changeable letters offer a big advantage over traditional saw-cut changeable sign board copy because the letters are made from blanks. Additionally, there are no harmful emissions put off when creating these letters: no VOCs because we use UV inks!
American Sign Letters also offers numerous other products that can be used by a church to extend its community outreach, such as custom vinyl car stickers and decals and full-color vinyl banners. Our customer service team would be happy to discuss all of your congregation’s needs and provide competitive pricing and discounts. We can walk you through the process of designing high-quality custom products for your church to extend its reach in the community. Learn more about all of the great products we offer at www.americansignletters.com and contact us for a quote today!